The ECHL and Professional Hockey Players’ Association (PHPA) have announced the development of a relief fund to assist ECHL players and their families suffering a financial hardship following the sudden and unexpected cancellation of the 2019-20 season due to the COVID-19 pandemic. By working with the hockey community and anyone willing to make a contribution, the joint effort will work to raise funds for those most in need during this unprecedented period.
Go here to contribute to this cause.
The average ECHL salary hovers around $700 a week. Several clubs simply couldn’t afford to keep paying players without simultaneously selling tickets and generating revenue from the various game day sources that keep minor-league franchises afloat. Your donations will help players get through the loss of the season. Go here to contribute to this cause.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Watch as Officer Stops Truck Doing 116MPH
- Deputy-involved shooting under investigation in Greenville Co.
- Here’s What to Expect From New CDC Covid-19 Guidelines
- 'He is definitely my hero': National Guard soldier honored for saving neighbor from vicious attack
- Amanda Gorman, inaugural poet, says she was 'tailed' by a security guard on her walk home
- Officer's trial could reopen intersection where Floyd died
- Open spaces, no pharmacies: rural US confronts vaccine void
- NY lawmakers pass bill to limit Cuomo's executive power
- Trump offers early endorsement for loyal SC governor
- Here's what a 'vote-a-rama' is (and what it means for Biden's stimulus)