This make-it-yourself steak board gives options for both the sandwich AND salad lovers in the fam!
#ThePioneerWoman, Saturdays at 10a|9c
Get the recipe ▶ http://foodtv.com/3aMmOiS
Steak Sandwich Salad Board
RECIPE COURTESY OF REE DRUMMOND
Total: 45 min
Active: 35 min
Yield: 4 servings
Two 1-pound, 3/4-inch-thick rib eye steaks
2 large onions, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
4 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 loaf crusty bread
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 head green or red leaf lettuce, leaves separated
2 tomatoes, sliced
6 ounces white Cheddar, sliced
2 scallions, greens only, sliced thinly
Sea salt, for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the steak and onions with the lemon pepper seasoning and a good pinch of kosher salt.
Oil the grill well using half the olive oil, then cook the steaks until desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove the steaks to a cutting board to rest, tented with foil, about 10 minutes. Add the rest of the olive oil to the grill and cook the onions until nice and charred, 4 to 5 minutes a side. Remove from the grill and set aside.
Meanwhile, wrap the bread in foil and place in the oven until hot and crisp, about 10 minutes.
Mix together the sour cream, mayo, horseradish, Worcestershire, black pepper and a good pinch of kosher salt in a bowl. Set aside.
Slice the steak and shingle it in the middle of a cutting board or serving platter. Break apart the onions and arrange on one corner of the board. Slice the bread and shingle along one side of the board. Use the lettuce, tomatoes and white Cheddar to fill in the holes. Sprinkle the steak with the green onions and sea salt and give the board a drizzle of olive oil. Place the bowl of dressing on the board.
Have everyone help themselves and make up a salad or a sandwich with whatever they like from the selection of items on the board.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Latest on Vaccine Shortage in South Carolina
- Dispatch: Knife wielding man arrested in Greenville County
- WATCH LIVE: SC health officials to discuss the state’s COVID-19 vaccine rollout efforts
- Officers find large amount of drugs following car chase in Spartanburg Co., says police chief
- Spartanburg PD id's suspect involved in first homicide of 2021
- Sheriff Lewis update on suspicious package found at Greenville courthouse
- DHEC: 2,946 confirmed new COVID-19 cases, 8 confirmed deaths in SC as of Jan. 16
- SCDHEC updates COVID-19 cases, deaths, percent positive (Jan. 18, 2021)
- 'Nobody's sleeping. But we're thrilled': Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have a new baby boy
- The 'Blue Monday' depression peak isn't real, but seasonal blues are. Here's what to do about them