After winning the 2016 election, Donald Trump promised to deliver new jobs and economic prosperity to Youngstown, Ohio, a city suffering from decades of decline. But four years on those promises never manifested. Oliver Laughland and Tom Silverstone meet residents who lost their jobs and had their families split by economic necessity, and witness how the demise of the city’s only newspaper made it harder to hold politicians accountable for their failures
Upstate News Headlines
- South Carolina State Park Offering 25% Off Camping Reservations: Today Only
- One person killed another hospitalized following crash in Newberry County
- GBI: Former Elbert Co. deputy charged for firing shots that hit fellow deputy on self-harm call
- High Speed Chase Leads to Fatality on US-29 in Spartanburg Co.
- See if you can identify the ‘Too Tall Bandit’: FBI Needs Your Help
- AEW Reminds Us How Good Wrestling Storytelling Can Be with Tonight's Huge Title Match
- HUGE NBA Trade! | Russell Westbrook To Washington Wizards, John Wall To Houston Rockets!
- Bob Jones University to host drive-thru Christmas light display Dec. 4-Jan. 4
- Police: Traffic death closes part of Woodruff Rd. in Greenville
- Coroner: Pedestrian hit by car along Woodruff Rd. dies at Greenville hospital