This story was originally published on Civil Eats.
When COVID-19 closed New York City schools, Tony Hillery grew troubled about the fact that food and housing-insecure children were largely relying on pre-packaged meals for sustenance. As executive director of Harlem Grown, a nonprofit that serves youth through mentoring and teaching about urban farming, sustainability, and nutrition, Hillery wanted to provide the neediest children in the community with a way to access fresh food during the pandemic.
“So, I reached out
Upstate News Headlines
- Boston College vs. Clemson Football Highlights (2020)
- DHEC Reports 831 New Cases of Covid-19 in South Carolina
- SNL Celebrity Jeopardy: Best Of Sean Connery
- US citizen kidnapped in Niger rescued in military operation
- Rhetoric Versus Reality: What Trump, Biden Tax Plans Mean For You | NBC News NOW
- Coronavirus: Inside ICU At Hard-Hit Montana Hospital | NBC Nightly News
- Rev. James Lawson Speaks Out On Ongoing Fight To End Voter Suppression | NBC Nightly News
- Nightly News: Kids Edition (October 31, 2020) | NBC Nightly News
- November Forecast Calls for Chilly Temperatures Across the Upstate
- Learn The History Of Halloween