Chef Helen Nguyen’s first restaurant, Saigon Social, was on track to open in the middle of March right when reduced capacity guidelines and shelter in place orders swept the nation. Since then, her New York restaurant operation has become part delivery-only business, part charity hub, and she has no idea how long she can keep it going.
Nguyen joined Eater’s Digest this week to talk about what it’s like running her operation during the pandemic.
Upstate News Headlines
- Chief: smoke scare from HVAC unit prompts response from Spartanburg Co. fire departments
- Dispatch: armed robbery reported at Greenville Co. food mart
- Rico Nasty Shines on the Mercurial Nightmare Vacation
- Greenville Co. Schools shifts quarantine policy to 10 days with new CDC guidance
- Mario's First English Manga, Super Mario Manga Mania, Is Releasing in December
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- John Boyega's Year Culminates In Every Way With Small Axe: Red, White and Blue
- A volunteer was attacked by a tiger at Carole Baskin’s Big Cat Rescue
- Among first acts, Biden to call for 100 days of mask-wearing