This post originally appeared on June 13, 2020 in Amanda Kludt’s newsletter “From the Editor,” a roundup of the most vital news and stories in the food world each week. Read the archives and subscribe now.
Last week I mentioned that inclusivity is a pillar of our coverage and hiring practices at Eater, that we’ve long strived to diversify the bylines, stories, experts, and visual artists featured in our work. I also mentioned that our work is far from done.
Upstate News Headlines
- Tupperware profits soar as pandemic shut-ins store leftovers
- The Latest: 1st confirmed death from Zeta: Man electrocuted
- FBI warns ransomware assault threatens US healthcare system
- Greer WWII vet, two-time Purple Heart recipient awarded Quilt of Valor
- Upstate dad gets second chance at life thanks to Clemson cop's kidney donation
- Supreme Court leaves North Carolina absentee ballot deadline at Nov. 12
- Supreme Court won't expedite latest GOP challenge to Pennsylvania mail-in ballot rules
- COVID-19 cases rise in 45 states, deaths rise in 30 states
- Midwestern farmers consider their vote this year
- Plaquemines Parish damage immediately after Hurricane Zeta