As one of the most beautiful areas in the world, discover all that the mountains of southwestern Virginia have to offer when you hike Russell County. The Cleveland Barrens, Pinnacle, and Channels natural area preserves provide a gateway to one of the top biodiversity hotspots in the country. View unique geological formations, rare species, and the Clinch River from the winding trails.
Hike the Channels Natural Area
Traverse an open bald, walk past blooming wildflowers, and take in panoramic views on the Sugar Hill Loop Trail. Piece trails together to experience more natural wonders in the town of St. Paul and Bluebell Island Preserve within the larger trail system. Choose from a steep climb or a gravel service road to take in the incredible sights from the Mendota Fire Tower and Overlook. For a longer excursion, the Brumley Mountain Trail is a 14.6-mile route marked by towering boulders,
Upstate News Headlines
- Southeast Weather: Wild Start to December?
- Thanksgiving food distribution happening today in Greenville County
- Turkey Day 5-Can Run marks 29th year
- News Update from FOX Carolina
- Shooting on Interstate 26 near Charleston kills man
- 8 Ways to Watch Movies Online with Friends and Family This Holiday Season
- Record Time: New & Notable Vinyl Releases (November 2020)
- On the Move: Mikaela Duchnak
- Residents in Easley complain of mass power outage on Thanksgiving morning
- Covid-19 fact generator: A handy tool for your Thanksgiving dinner