Bordered by the Potomac River to the west and Patuxent River to the east with more than 20,000 acres of parkland and miles of trail to explore, Charles County, Md. is a hiker’s paradise.
Charles County has plenty of parks and outdoor recreation for you to enjoy. Experience the wonder of the marshes and coastal woodlands at Chapman State Park. This park offers a scenic vista of the Potomac, making it a great location to fish for largemouth bass, sunfish, or birdwatch in an Important Bird Area. Just down the river, Smallwood State Park offers a little bit of everything for visitors. The park has a marina, hiking trails, boat ramp, picnicking facilities, campsites, and rich history dating back to the Revolutionary War. Chapel Point State Park is another pristine park that offers more than 3,000 feet of shoreline to view the Port Tobacco River.
Upstate News Headlines
- Silver Alert active for elderly man last seen in Hickory
- Paste Studio on the Road: Nashville 11/30 – Lera Lynn, Birds of Chicago, Lilly Hiatt, Aaron Lee Tasjan
- Many shoulder blame after Panthers drop winnable game in Minnesota
- Teddy Bridgewater's return to Minnesota filled with disappointment
- What They Said: Postgame Quotes from Panthers-Vikings
- Deputies: Two suspects sought, one captured after chase and gunfire exchange with deputies, homeowners
- Deputies: Three suspects captured after chase and gunfire exchanges with deputies, homeowners
- How The U.S. Plans To Distribute Covid-19 Vaccines
- Tigers getting healthy just in time for road contest at Virginia Tech
- Discussing Trevor Lawrence’s future with Clemson