From the scenic mountains and lush forestland to the flowing waters, Buchanan County, Va. is the perfect fall getaway for hiking and wildlife viewing.
The Coal Canyon Trail System offers 114 miles of multi-use trails. Hikers, bikers, and UTV drivers can expect a variety of easy, moderate, and hard trails to get outside and test their skills. This system boasts a total of more than 200 connected miles of trail around the county and surrounding area for multiple full days of fun.
Straddling the Virginia-Kentucky border, you’ll find an additional 25 miles of hiking trails at Breaks Interstate Park. Referred to as the Grand Canyon of the South, take in the wonder of the Russell Fork running through the five-mile gorge. Discover other activities in the park, including mountain bike rentals, geocaching, fishing, and more.
Southern Gap Visitor Center, photo courtesy Buchanan County
While you’re in the area, take
Upstate News Headlines
- 15 GIANT Animals You Didn’t Know Existed!
- Election cake — a centuries-old tradition — makes going to the polls tastier
- TOP 3 Scary Movies to Stream for Halloween 2020 // Mike’s Haunted Picks
- Underrated Horror Movies to Stream Online |31 Days of Halloween
- Week 8 fantasy player rankings | Fantasy Focus Live!
- Hillary Clinton says she is an Electoral College elector in New York
- Tracking Zeta: Tropical storm warning for our area
- Doing Halloween at home with Aldi
- Hear new audio from Kushner on Trump’s Covid-19 response
- Live In New Orleans —– Waiting for Hurricane Zeta Camera Webcam Stream