CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — A college student who died tackling a gunman at the University of North Carolina-Charlotte has been posthumously awarded one of the nation’s highest civilian honors.
Riley Howell was honored with a Congressional Medal of Honor Society Citizen Award at wreath-laying ceremony live-streamed from Washington on Wednesday.
Upstate News Headlines
- Regardless who wins in November, Beijing will be hoping to reset the US-China relationship
- ‘First Ladies’ recap: Eleanor Roosevelt, the FLOTUS rebel
- USGS: 2.8-magnitude earthquake hit North Carolina Saturday night
- Federal authorities investigating possible ballot box arson in Boston
- Forde-Yard Dash: 2020 is Full of Plot Twists, Especially in College Football
- President Donald Trump's and Democratic rival Joe Biden's campaigns
- D.K. Metcalf Prevents Cardinals Touchdown With Insane Chasedown Tackle
- Manuel Margot Thrown Out Trying to Steal Home
- These Philadelphians are dancing all the way to the ballot box – video