All Museum events and activities are free with admission.
April: Monthly Overview – Trivial Pursuit is still open! Take a road trip across the 50 states with us during Fantastic Fridays and Weekend Programs as we continue the adventure.
Special events include: TCMU is participating in Imagine Upstate on April 2nd, a Musical Petting Zoo in collaboration with the Furman University Music Department on April 16th, Earth Day programming on April 22nd and 23rd, and the opening of our newest exhibit: Bib’s World!
Weekend activities take place at 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on Saturdays and 2:00 p.m. on Sundays unless otherwise posted.
April 2 & 3 – Travel to Idaho: Did you know that Idaho was known as the “Potato capital of the world?” Learn about Idaho’s most famous crop today with hands-on activities and stamping.
April 9 & 10 – Travel to Alaska: Learn to be “Bear Aware!” We’ll discuss ways to stay safe in bear habitats and participate in related art activities.
April 16 ONLY – Musical Petting Zoo with Furman University: We are bringing back one of our favorite events! Join us on April 16th from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. to get hands-on with musical instruments with students from Furman University. This is a drop-in event; come anytime between 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.!
April 23 and 24 – Travel through the Colonies: Virginia was the first colony established in 1607. Let’s discover how the colonist lived by making our own butter, sewing on a tapestry, and other activities.
April 30 ONLY – Bib’s World Opening: Visit us for the opening of Bib’s World with activities on cultural connections, tires, French heritage, and more.
Other Events and Fee-Based Programs
Imagine Upstate – April 2nd
Kid’s Fest at Heritage Green – April 9th
Musical Zoo – April 16th
Bib’s World Opening – April 30th
Join us each Tuesday for open art for children under 5 in Off the Wall. Younger ones will have opportunities to use paint, clay and other materials that change throughout the month.
Special exhibit programming each Friday in the traveling exhibit space when open.
Trivial Pursuit (spring), Toys and Games (summer – still tentative on the name), Science + You (fall)
Special Exhibit Programs: 10:00 a.m.
• April 1 – Travel to Idaho: Participate in potato stamping on this Fantastic Friday.
• April 8 – Travel to Alaska: Learn about bears in Alaska and create your own bear mask on this Fantastic Friday.
• April 15 – Travel to Tennessee: Join us as we learn about Tennessee’s famous Elvis! Decorate your own guitar to take home.
• April 22 – Travel to Virginia – I can’t believe it’s butter! Learn about how life was different for colonists and make your own butter today.
• April 29 – Travel to Indiana – ZOOM! ZOOM! Let’s race for the checker flag! We will test how to make our cars go fast to win the big race.
Random Acts of Science
Permanent Demonstrations to take place Wednesday – Sunday at scheduled times.
Random Acts of Science: 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Sundays at 3:30 p.m. only
These will be demos done at an announced location. These will change periodically.
March 30 – April 3 – Science of Water – Join us for cool water tricks and learn the science behind them today!
April 6 – April 10 – Science of Water – Join us for cool water tricks and learn the science behind them today!
April 13 – April 17 – Earth Day Science – Join us for a Random Act of Science all about Earth conservation as we celebrate the month of Earth Day.
April 20 – April 24 – Earth Day Science – Join us for a Random Act of Science all about Earth conservation as we celebrate the month of Earth Day.
Story Time and More
Off the Wall
Week 1 (28 – 3): Scientists as Artists: Gear up for Imagine Upstate in Downtown Greenville this week by participating in art projects with a science focus.
Week 2 (5 -10): Trivial Pursuit Art: Travel through the fifty states in this week’s art project.
Week 3 (12 – 17): Musical Art: Create art while listening to music this week in Off the Wall and see where your creativity takes you.
Week 4 (19- 24): Earth Day Art: Celebrate the Earth through recycled projects this week.
Week 5 (26 – 1): Tire Art: We are celebrating Bib’s World this week. Join us for tire-themed art!
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Meghan and Harry discuss anguish during life in royal family
- An Urban Barn Owl Is My New Quarantine Friend
- DHEC releases new coronavirus numbers for March 7, 2021
- Kyle Larson celebrates return with first win since suspension
- Biden marks 'Bloody Sunday' by signing voting rights order
- Billionaire MacKenzie Scott marries Seattle teacher after Bezos divorce
- Friends and family remember Greenville Co. man killed in March 2020 shooting, still seeking justice
- Monte Lee talks about Sunday’s game and series loss to Notre Dame
- NYPD bodycam shows domestic violence suspect ambushing officers
- 'Voter suppression is still alive and well': Bloody Sunday anniversary event honors late civil rights giants