With Donald Trump’s presidency at an end, the world will no doubt spend a lot of time unpacking his tenure and his habits during it.
From a pure dining standpoint, Trump’s culinary habits have been… fascinating, to say the least. His keen interest in fast food and well-done steaks with ketchup have caused some to feel he commits crimes against food – although to be fair, the Trump family as a whole eats at least somewhat more healthy than its patriarch.
Still, considering Trump’s affinity for food that’s, uh, not exactly home cooking, and the fact that he did spend a whole bunch of time in Washington, D.C. over the last four years, you’d expect that he’d been a regular presence in the area’s restaurant scene — or at least its drive-thru lanes. That assumption couldn’t be more wrong. In fact, it turns out Donald Trump only visited one D.C. restaurant during his entire presidency.
According to The Washingtonian, Trump somehow managed to spend his entire presidency without visiting a single restaurant in the D.C. area… except one. The ex-president was known to occasionally head to BLT Prime by David Burke, a steakhouse at the local Trump hotel. The steak, of course, was always well done and came with fries. He reportedly also started his order with a shrimp cocktail.
It could be that Trump simply didn’t much care for the D.C. restaurant scene. A 2017 interview with the Larry O’Connor Show painted his culinary interests in a dramatically different light.
Trump claimed in the interview that he intended to start making his way around the restaurant circuit in the nation’s capital, but this turned out to be a bit of an exaggeration. Still, Trump’s documented dietary habits and his fondness of using fast-food fare for official White House occasions strongly hint that his staff had to spend a lot of time picking up takeout.
Donald Trump may not have been a huge restaurant aficionado during his presidency, but he didn’t necessarily need to be. The man was the president, after all, so he had access to all sorts of cuisine — as well as staff to whip him a meal at all hours, should he so desire.
Watch this video for more on the one DC restaurant Trump visited during his presidency!
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Man Accused Of Trying To Bury Wife Alive At San Diego Beach
- Deadly gas station shooting caught on camera
- SC Bars and restaurants preparing for more crowds after Gov. McMaster lifts ‘Last Call Order’
- SC DHEC Reports 1,112 new COVID-19 cases in SC, 442,957 total
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine
- Swamp Rabbits Win 6-4 Saturday Night
- #16 South Carolina vs #22 Clemson: Gamecocks WIN IN Extra Innings
- Gamecock Baseball Walk off over Rivals Clemson!
- Clemson Baseball || Lee, Parker
- Warm temperatures headed to the Upstate on Sunday