For Miami to knock off the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 1 of the NBA Finals on Wednesday near Orlando, the Heat need to be at the top of their game.
Heat forward Jimmy Butler said even that might not be enough.
“We’re going to have to play damn near perfect because they’re such a good team and they do so many things well,” Butler said after the Heat’s series-clinching 125-113 win Sunday over the Boston Celtics in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals.
“Obviously, you know the star power that they have. We’re not going to back down, though. … We’re going to lock into this film and we’re going to be ready to go. I think it will be some must-see TV.”
Bam Adebayo sparked Miami’s victory over Boston with 32 points and 14 rebounds. Butler scored 22 points and Tyler Herro added 19 for the Heat, who will
Upstate News Headlines
- Craziest “Saving Lives” Moments in Sports History
- Arby's and Buffalo Wild Wings owner buying Dunkin' Brands
- SC’s Graham, Harrison clash on criminal justice, health care
- Greenville Triumph win the USL League One Final after Union Omaha players test positive for COVID-19
- Attempt to register dead people stopped
- US shatters daily coronavirus record with nearly 90,000 new infections
- Household spread of is common and quick, CDC study finds
- Utah sent every phone in the state an emergency alert
- Sikes Hall sit-in ends following statement from Clemson University president
- Democrats uneasy about GOP turnout in key Florida county