Marcus Mumford once sang, “Do you ever think of me in the quiet, in the crowd?”
If Mumford & Sons still cross your mind, you’ve come to the right place. On this day (Oct. 1—hello October!) in 2012, Mumford & Sons (plus friends including Nathaniel Rateliff and Dawes’ Taylor Goldsmith) played a show in Dixon, Ill., and Daytrotter was there to capture the best moments. You can listen to the whole session below.
The songs in this set include “Not With Haste,” from the band’s 2012 album Babel (also home to “Where Are You Now,” the song with the aforementioned searching lyric) and a lovely cover of Bruce Springsteen’s “Atlantic City.”
Listen to the session below, or download it on Noisetrade right here.
Upstate News Headlines
- Jeff Tweedy Displays Luminous Depth on Love Is the King
- ABCs of Horror: “V” Is for The Vampire Lovers (1970)
- Top Boy on Netflix Is Far More than Just the British Wire
- The 14 Best TV Parent Stunt Casting Choices (and Why They Mattered)
- Analysis: The most important line in Obama’s takedown of Trump
- ‘Selfish and reckless.’ Nearly 700 economists strongly oppose Trump’s reelection
- White supremacist group talked about paramilitary training in secret vetting calls
- Source: Vikings Trade Defensive End Yannick Ngakoue to Ravens
- Senate judiciary committee approves Amy Coney Barrett as Democrats boycott – live