WAYNESVILLE, NC (FOX Carolina) – On Wednesday, officials with Haywood County Schools released an update regarding a ransomware attack that struck the district in late August.
The district can now confirm that a data breach occurred during the August 24 attack.
The school district’s IT department reacted quickly, and individuals
Upstate News Headlines
- Halloween 2020 by the numbers
- Tips to have a safe, Happy Halloween in a COVID-19 world
- US seeing massive rise in COVID-19 cases as death toll steadily increases
- LCSD 55 expands student attendance, includes sixth grade, high school seniors
- Reporter Chronicles 104 Year-Old Woman’s Day of Voting
- Susan B. Anthony's headstone gets protection from voter stickers
- Cheetah jumps into safari car, forcing man to freeze in place for 10 minutes
- Trump administration sending 1.5 million COVID-19 tests to South Carolina
- Moon may hold frozen water in more places than suspected
- Challenger in Greenville County race for sheriff, Guy, blasts Lewis for appearance in campaign ad