Three weeks after Portland City Council passed a new ordinance capping fees on food delivery apps at 10 percent, two companies — Postmates and Grubhub — are still flouting the rules, and taking fees of up to 30 percent from local restaurants.
In early July, City Council unanimously passed a fee cap to help small businesses struggling during the ongoing pandemic. Typically, when somebody orders delivery meals through an app like Grubhub or UberEats, the app takes a cut of
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- March and April are critical months in stopping another COVID-19 surge, CDC director says
- President Biden hopes to boost offshore energy project as part of bid to slow climate change
- Thermo Fisher Scientific plant near Asheville adding 200 jobs
- A snake that smiles right back at you … three times
- Asheville factory's ultra-low temperature freezers in high demand
- Coroner: Pedestrian hit, killed by two drivers on I-385; all lanes blocked
- Coroner: Pedestrian hit, killed by two drivers on I-385
- Will you get the third stimulus check? Here's how to know.
- SCHP: Driver injured after crashing into telephone pole on Geer Highway
- RNC maintains right to use former President Trump's name in fundraising