Charlotte will say goodbye to the iconic Mr. K’s ice cream shop Friday. The South End diner will be closing its doors for good after 54 years on South Boulevard. Rachel Lundberg has the details on how you can enjoy one last meal before it’s gone.
Billie Jean Shaw has details from Fort Mill, where schools are virtual Friday so teachers can receive their COVID-19 vaccination. South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster said the state will work to ensure teachers are vaccinated so schools can reopen as soon as possible for in-person learning.
The U.S. Senate will debate President Joe Biden’s $1.9 trillion stimulus bill Friday following a marathon reading session triggered by Sen. Ron Johnson. Republican lawmakers say the bill costs too much and isn’t linked to just the pandemic, while Democrats believe they’ve made enough concessions on the relief bill.
Watch Wake Up Charlotte each weekday morning from 4:30 to 7 a.m. on WCNC Charlotte. Join the conversation on social media using #WakeUpCLT!
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Bon Secours Psychiatrist Dr. Carson Felkel Discusses Covid-19’s Ongoing Impacts
- South Carolina Reports Over 1002 New and Probable Covid-19 Infections Sunday
- Fountain Inn Farmers Market Returns May 2nd
- Dr. Brannon Traxler Named SC DHEC Public Health Director
- Tickets on Sale Now For Spring Albino Skunk Music Festival
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC
- How To Get Fit and Have Fun Doing It
- Greenville’s Children’s Museum Celebrates America’s Heroes this May
- Live Music Returns With a New Series at Columbia Speedway
- Greenville CVS Pharmacies Showing Available Covid-19 Vaccination Appointments Tuesday