April saw the highest spike in grocery prices in 46 years
The price of groceries in the U.S. shot up by 2.6 percent in April, according to a Bureau of Labor Statistics consumer price index released on May 12. This was the largest one-month jump in “food at home” costs since February 1974, CNBC reports.
The price of meats, poultry, fish, and eggs, in particular, rose amid reported shortages during the pandemic, with a 4.3 percent increase compared to last
Upstate News Headlines
- 10 Animals That Adopted Other Species
- Boy's devastating death leads to emotional connection between family, transplant recipient
- 10 Bizarre Unexplained Creature Sightings On Google Earth
- Who is voting? Who is winning? Early vote only offers clues
- WANTED: Escaped inmate from Upstate jail
- Videocast: Isolated showers Sunday, colder Monday.
- Craziest “Saving Lives” Moments in Sports History
- Arby's and Buffalo Wild Wings owner buying Dunkin' Brands
- SC’s Graham, Harrison clash on criminal justice, health care
- Greenville Triumph win the USL League One Final after Union Omaha players test positive for COVID-19