After the event, Olsen offered a mea culpa, saying he had an entire section of his speech written about Newton. Unfortunately, “in the midst the emotions and trying to cover a lot of bases,” Olsen forgot that part.
And as he enjoyed a chance to celebrate his own career, he said he hopes Newton gets his.
“He deserves it,” Olsen said. “If there’s a list of people who love Cam and care for him and appreciate him, I’m at the top of it. I’ve said before, he’s the best thing that ever happened to my career. I don’t know if I have the career I had if not for the nine years I spent with him. He made me a better player. We enjoyed each other as people. We’re very different people, and I think that’s what made it so special and made our connection
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Ten Upstate South Carolina Weekend Events You Don’t Want to Miss
- Greenville Weekend Weather: Cooler with Scattered Showers Possible
- Fountain Inn Farmers Market Returns May 2nd
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- South Carolina Reports Over 1100 New and Probable Covid-19 Infections Thursday
- Dr. Brannon Traxler Named SC DHEC Public Health Director
- Tickets on Sale Now For Spring Albino Skunk Music Festival
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC