It’s the moment kids (and kids at heart) await every December! The City of Greer Fire Department will chauffeur Santa Claus to the entrance of Greer City Park in its new ladder truck. E. Poinsett St. will be closed to traffic, allowing guests to spread out as Santa welcomes them and joins Mayor Rick Danner in a countdown to the lighting of the City Christmas Tree.
Help us stop the spread or COVID-19!
– Masks or face coverings are required at all times.
– Please be respectful of your neighbor and maintain 6ft social distancing.
– If you are sick or showing symptoms, please stay home.
Sanitizer stations will be available.
Please visit Dine on Trade (6:00pm-10:00pm) and the Greer Farmers Market (4:00pm-8:00pm)
Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times. Pets are not permitted.
Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication or a modification of policies or procedures to participate in a program, service, activity or public meeting of the Events Division at 864-968-7008 as soon as possible, but no later than 48 hours prior to the scheduled event.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Watch High-speed pursuit end after car slams into thick brush and suspects flee
- Man arrested for role in Capitol riot, threatening to assassinate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Spartanburg Coroner: Man entrapped in machine dies early Sunday morning
- Sen. Bernie Sanders turns inauguration meme into sweatshirt for charity
- NC Rep. Cawthorn Scrambles to defend voter fraud claims
- Child, man injured in NC shooting after dispute with driver
- COVID-19 cluster detected at NC State
- South Carolina man faces federal charges in U.S. Capitol riot
- Day two of COVID-19 vaccination clinic held at Charlotte Motor Speedway
- North Carolina’s first reported case of new COVID-19 strain found in Mecklenburg County