Greenwood, SC (FOX Carolina) – Thursday morning, the South Carolina Highway Patrol and Greenwood County Coroner’s Office were called to the scene of a fatal collision that left one person dead.
According to the coroner’s office, the victim was a female pedestrian who was struck while in the area of Highway 34 and Sherard Road. The highway patrol reported the accident happened around 6:20 a.m.
Coroner Sonny Cox says the victim appears to have been struck by one or more vehicles during the incident and was pronounced dead on scene.
At this time the victim’s identity is being withheld pending notification of the family.
We’ve reached out to the highway patrol for more details of the accident.
More news: <a href=”https://www.foxcarolina.com/news/buncombe-county-deputies-search-for-missing–year-old-woman/article_de3d7f8c-6f68-11ea-9a01-0b8a0ddb7ed9.html” target=”_blank”>Buncombe County deputies search for missing 38-year-old woman, ask for public’s assistance</a>
Upstate News Headlines
- Seth Meyers Takes a Closer Look at How Trump Has Given Up on the Coronavirus
- 'Need has never been greater,' United Way of the Piedmont runs Thanksgiving food drive
- Analysis: Barrett’s confirmation triggers prime time GOP celebration
- Family of Greenville nightclub shooting victim speaks out
- 90,000 people told to evacuate because of wildfires in Southern California
- British study shows evidence of waning immunity to Covid-19
- People are literally dancing in the streets as they wait to vote
- US marks highest number of new COVID-19 cases in a 48-hour period
- Family of nightclub shooting speaks out
- Proposed natural gas line has some area residents concerned