The Greenville Zoo announced today the name of its red-tailed monkey baby: Allen.
The monkeys, also known as Schmidt’s guenons, are native to central Africa and are threatened by hunting and deforestation, according to Smithsonian’s National Zoo and Conservation Biology Institute.
The zoo is now asking for input on naming
Upstate News Headlines
- Brian Kelly previews potential Notre Dame rematch vs. Clemson in ACC Championship
- Greenville county council approves second reading of sewer proposal
- Clemson gears up for possible spring semester changes
- Greenville man stuck battling COVID-19 in Virginia
- FBI searching for South Carolina bank robber
- NY man running across country as cancer fundraiser passes through the Upstate
- ‘Lights on Clemson’ gets underway
- Police: Murder suspect who fled home detention arrested in NC
- Snow blanketed Asheville Tuesday morning
- Western Carolina Rescue mission working to help Asheville’s homeless during cold snap