Following a victorious debut on local TV last Saturday, the Greenville Triumph and WSPA/WYCW have extended their local broadcast agreement, with six additional matches set to be aired on The CW62 as the league-leading Triumph continue their 2020 season. The extended deal begins this Saturday, with The CW airing the club’s home match against Fort Lauderdale CF.
“The community response to the Greenville Triumph playing live on The CW62 has been overwhelming,” said WSPA/WYCW vice president & general manager Kenny Lawrence. “In their first televised game, the Triumph were able to reach over 20,000 households in the Greenville/Spartanburg viewing area. We look forward to bringing six more professional soccer matches to our viewers and we wish the Triumph continued success this season.”
The Triumph welcomed fans back in a limited capacity last week, but the importance of having a local alternative remained important for the club for those fans and supporters not yet ready to return in person.
“Today’s news of an expanded offering of Triumph games viewable locally on WYCW 62 is a great sign of progress for Triumph – and also for soccer fans throughout the upstate,” said Triumph chairman Joe Erwin. “It is a privilege to work with the terrific professionals at WSPA/WYCW.”
Earlier this season, Greenville joined Forward Madison and the Richmond Kickers as USL League One clubs with local broadcast deals. All Triumph matches continue to be available nationwide via streaming on ESPN+ and internationally on YouTube.
Triumph on The CW 62 Schedule:
Saturday, 8/22 | 7:00 PM | vs. Fort Lauderdale CF
Saturday, 8/29 | 6:30 PM | @ Richmond Kickers
Sunday, 9/13 | 3:00 PM | vs. Forward Madison
Saturday, 9/19 | 1:00 PM | @ Chattanooga Red Wolves SC
Sunday, 10/18 | 3:00 PM | vs. Union Omaha
Saturday, 10/24 | 7:00 PM | @ Orlando City B
About WSPA and WYCW– Nexstar
WSPA and WYCW are leading television stations in the Spartanburg-Greenville-Asheville-Anderson, South Carolina television market, owned and operated by Nexstar Broadcasting, a wholly owned subsidiary of Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST). Nexstar is the nation’s largest operator of local television stations and a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its broadcasting, digital and mobile media platforms. WSPA is affiliated with the CBS network and WYCW is affiliated with the CW Network.
Tuning in to WYCW, CW62
CW62 is widely watched across the viewing area on Ch. 62, it can be found on Spectrum Ch. 9 and 709, on Chesnee Communications Ch. 7 and 709 and on You Tube TV on Ch. 102.
Upstate News Headlines
- IRS releases 2021 tax brackets. How do they compare to 2020?
- Kushner bragged in April that Trump was taking the country ‘back from the doctors’
- See moment loose barge nearly crashes with boat
- Seven new charges brought against adult film star Ron Jeremy
- Top US Covid expert Dr Anthony Fauci praises Victoria's attitude towards mask-wearing – video
- Sewage testing shows a country flush with coronavirus cases
- Food writer serves teeny, tiny tacos to chipmunk
- Federal government says it will pay for any future coronavirus vaccine for all Americans
- Zoo: Azizi, calf of April the giraffe, dies
- At least 13 killed and dozens missing after Typhoon Molave lashes Vietnam