Greenville Theatre is excited to announce our new young performers initiative the Greenville Theatre Junior Players. The Junior Players will be a troupe of young performers between the ages of 10 – 15 who are interested in learning more about acting and what it takes to be a professional performer. This will be an auditioned ensemble of young performers who will spend 12 weeks learning about many different aspects of performing including improvisation, auditioning, scene work, movement, voice, and backstage etiquette. The semester will culminate in a final showcase that will allow the students to utilize the skills they have learned in front of an audience. The troupe will meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm in Magill Hall at Greenville Theatre and will be led by Resident Actor and Director of Education, Carter Allen. The cost for each semester will be $250 per student. Learn more at greenvilletheatre.org or call 864-233-6238
September 3rd – November 21st
February 4th – April 30th
(Skipping Greenville County spring break April 14th and 16th)
Auditions for our Fall semester will be held August 10th and 17th at 2:00 PM in Magill Hall (located at the rear of the theatre.)
For the auditions students should wear closed toe shoes and clothes they can move in. Also, please memorize a brief 30 second to one minute monologue or poem to perform. The student will also be asked to read from a script with a partner. The audition will start with a group warm up right at 2:00. You will not need to sign up before arriving at the audition.
If you cannot attend these auditions, but would still like to be considered for Junior Players please email email@example.com to set up another time to audition.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing you at auditions!
Upstate News Headlines
- Tickets Now on Sale for Spartanburg Trolley Ghost Tour’s
- South Carolina Covid-19 Update: October 22nd
- US Marshals, deputies searching for out-of-state murder suspect at Greenville apartment complex
- President Trump posts unedited '60 Minutes' interview before it airs
- U.S. Marshals conducting active investigation at Greenville apartment complex
- 10 Things You Didn’t About Halloween IV
- Michael Symon’s Smoky Mac and Cheese | Symon’s Dinners Cooking Out | Food Network
- Kardea Brown’s Red Velvet Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting | Delicious Miss Brown