If you are an allergy sufferer, Spring is a blessing and a curse. While you want to enjoy the flowers blooming and leaves returning to the trees, you know all this Spring beauty comes at a cost. While 27% of the country is at a medium to high pollen count, Greenville and the Upstate of South Carolina is currently well passed the high status for Grass, Oak, Poplar and Maple pollen. From the chart below from pollen.com, it is clear that allergic individuals are in for a tough week.
Allergy Outlook for Greenville SC
According to the Mayo Clinic, here are a few tips for reducing your exposure to allergens this Spring:
- Stay indoors on dry, windy days. The best time to go outside is after a good rain.
- Refrain from lawn mowing, weed pulling and other gardening chores that stir up allergens.
- Remove clothes you’ve worn outside and shower to rinse pollen from your skin and hair.
- Don’t hang laundry outside — pollen can stick to sheets and towels.
- Wear a pollen mask if you do outside chores.
- Avoid outdoor activity in the early morning when pollen counts are highest.