Its a sure sign of that summer has arrived to the Upstate of South Carolina as Greenville Recreation Department will open their three waterparks May 29th. Once again, season passes are available for all three parks which lets;s you bypass the ticket line all summer long.
As the Covid-19 pandemic is still ongoing, all Waterparks will be adhering to CDC guidelines in response to COVID-19. Here are some of the changes to expect as you visit each park.
Tickets & Waterpark Entry
- Entry is divided into two lines, one for pass holders and those who purchased advanced tickets and one for patrons who need to purchase a ticket. We recommend purchasing tickets online to minimize time spent in line.
- Tape on the ground marks 6 foot distances to guide those who are waiting. All lines will be moved to outside areas only. There will be no lines formed inside of buildings.
- Signs are posted to remind customers to social distance and follow safe practices
- Plexiglass dividers are placed between customers and staff behind counters
- Self-service payment options are available by credit card
Inside the Waterparks
- Chairs are placed 6 feet apart
- Lines for rides, attractions and concessions are marked with color coded tape
- Sanitation stations are available throughout the park
- Water fountains are for use filling water bottles only
- All staff will be wearing gloves and have the option to use a mask
- Customers are welcome to wear masks throughout the waterpark
- Chairs are sanitized throughout the day and can be requested to be sanitized by staff at any time.
- Lifeguards will use a mouth guard if and when performing CPR
- No queues will be formed on stairs leading up to slides. All lines will form on the ground where 6 foot distances can be maintained.
- Tubes will be thoroughly sanitized after each use
- Life jackets will be sanitized after each individual use
- Restrooms will be sanitized frequently
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and may not include all safety requirements implemented