With the data showing the risk of Covid-19 infection at Greenville County Schools being well below infection rates for the county as a whole, Greenville County Schools are considering plans to get high school students back in class.
View Today’s Greenville School Board Meeting
Greenville County Schools are Considering Two Attendance Plans
Option 1: 70/80% attendance plan: Most students would attend three days one week and four days the next for a total of 7/10 days of every two-week period. Students needing remediation would attend four days each week for a total of 8/10 days of every two-week period. (Any student making a D or F would be a student needing remediation.)
Option 2: 75% attendance plan: All students would attend three of four days Monday through Thursday, plus three out of every four Fridays, for a total of 15/20 days of every four-week period.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Timing of second Covid shot doesn't need to be exact. Just get it, experts say.
- 'Now there's a light': Veteran says service dog saved her life
- David Tepper reflects on long-term lessons of “exhaustive” GM search
- Anderson PD searching for teen they say ran from mom at hospital
- Greenville County Schools Give Elearning update plus a coyote visits a SC school
- Crews tackle blaze on Glassy Mountain in Greenville Co.
- President Biden halts new oil and gas leases, permits on US land and water
- Asheville PD seeks public help finding man wanted for kidnapping, assault
- Cowpens getting new look thanks to grant
- Photos released of 3-year-old killed in homicide case involving cooking show winner