To help decrease the amounts of so-called “digital deserts,” Greenville County Schools announced Friday, Oct. 30 its initiative Project Connect, which will provide free internet to families that cannot afford it.
These digital deserts negatively affect hundreds of students, according to a release from school district. GCS will buy and
Upstate News Headlines
- Top Things to do in South Carolina This Winter
- DHEC: 1,612 confirmed new COVID-19 cases, 35 confirmed deaths in SC
- Sheriff’s office arrest man on fentanyl trafficking, stolen firearm charges in Buncombe Co.
- LIVE: Deadly crash involving State Transport Police blocking Pleasantburg Dr. near E. North St.
- Upstate man suffering from COVID-19 fights for his life in Virginia hospital
- SLED: Man charged with assault after June incident at an Upstate Bantam Chef restaurant
- US tightens definition of service animals allowed on planes
- Former S.C. jail officer charged with having sex with inmate
- Spartanburg deputies respond to a Marathon vandalized by bullet holes
- Police: 60-year-old man charged with rape, kidnapping in 1992 sex crime