Greenlink is partnering with Proterra, the Greenville-based battery-electric bus manufacturer and leading innovator in heavy-duty electric transportation, to offer Fare Free Day on Tuesday, November 3 to coincide with Election Day.
Proterra’s sponsorship of Fare Free Day will allow Greenlink to provide free service for all passengers on the fixed bus routes and free paratransit trips for existing Greenville Area Paratransit (GAP) clients on November 3. According to Greenlink Director James Keel, the partnership with Proterra is a great example of how the business community can support access to transportation solutions. “We are excited to work with Proterra to help remove any barriers our community members may face getting to the polls. By eliminating the cost of a bus trip, Proterra has increased the number of mobility options that Greenville County residents can tap into to help exercise their right to vote,” said Keel.
“Public transit provides an essential service to our communities, including by helping voters access their local polling sites on Election Day. Exercising the right to vote is one of the most powerful ways to participate in our democracy. We all benefit when we have our voices heard. That’s why as a Greenville company, we’re proud to partner with Greenlink to make it easier for voters in our community to get to the polls this Election Day, November 3,” said Proterra CEO Jack Allen.
Proterra is proud to be a Greenville company and has its largest vehicle manufacturing facility located in Greenville. In 2019, Proterra delivered four brand new electric buses to Greenlink that will bring clean, quiet transportation and economic opportunity to the community.
Greenlink passengers can use the Google Transit app at www.ridegreenlink.com to plan their free trips on November 3. Customers are also encouraged to download the FindGreenlink app in the Android or iOS app store to get real-time arrival information for the buses. Greenlink has also provided a PDF document that lists the bus routes and nearest bus stops to polling sites accessible by transit. More information about Proterra is available at www.proterra.com.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Activities That Will Get Your Heart Rate Up
- North Carolina Records Biggest one-day drop in Covid-19 hospitalizations on record
- South Carolina mom who won Worst Cooks in America arrested for ‘homicide’ of three-year-old daugh
- History teacher explains the inauguration to kids, how to celebrate change
- Inaugural Poet Amanda Gorman reads ‘The Hill We Climb’
- President Trump leaves White House for final time on Marine One: full video
- DHEC working to ensure 'every drop' from vaccine vials coming into SC goes 'into arms'
- Man arrested after woman stabbed multiple times at SC Waffle House, deputies say
- South Carolina politicians, officials react to President Biden's inauguration, Trump presidency
- DHEC: 3,567 confirmed new COVID-19 cases, 56 confirmed deaths in SC as of Jan. 18