Greenlink is collaborating with the City of Greenville Youth Commission and the City of Greenville Arts in Public Places Commission to beautify bus stop shelters with inspiring artwork submitted by local high school students. The goals of this project are to help raise awareness about the Youth Commission, increase civic engagement and understanding of public transit and provide access to public art throughout our community.
Up to 10 designs will be selected. Artwork will be installed in up to 10 Greenlink bus stop shelters (one design per shelter) by wrapping the outside of the rear glass panels of the shelters with an adhesive, vinyl decal. Artists will not be responsible for the installation of the vinyl. Greenlink will manage the installation via an external contractor.
- February 1, 2021: Submission window opens
- February 28, 2021: Submission deadline. All submissions due by 5 p.m.
- March 31, 2021: Winners announced
- April 2021: Artwork installed
- May 2021: Unveiling events at each shelter
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Gardening Question: When can we expect the last freeze in South Carolina?
- SC Botanical Garden offers tips to beginner Spring gardeners
- Woman injured during shooting in Greenwood, police investigating
- Coroner responding to shooting scene at hotel in Duncan
- South Carolina Covid-19 Update for March 1st
- JJ Watt tweets that he's signed with new team
- Latest South Carolina COVID-19 report from DHEC: March 1, 2021
- WATCH: Authorities detonate recently discovered WWII-era bomb in the middle of a UK town
- 'Yet another tragic event': Another Upstate fire department mourns the loss of one of their own
- Prince Harry says split from royal life has been 'unbelievably tough'