Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska has become the first Republican member of the Senate to call for President Donald Trump’s resignation.The Alaska Republican tells the Anchorage Daily News that she wants Trump to resign after a violent mob of his supporters stormed the Capitol, forcing a lockdown. Five people died, including a Capitol Police officer.Murkowski said in a telephone interview Friday: “I want him out.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham speaks on inauguration, “time to move on”
- Ben Crump & Bakari Sellers file civil rights lawsuit against Anderson Co. Sheriff’s Office
- Capitol rioters planned to ‘capture and assassinate,’ officials say
- Prisma Health to open large Upstate vaccination site Monday
- SLED says deputies used 'appropriate force' in shooting of teen girl; civil lawsuit filed in case
- Large-scale location to get COVID-19 vaccine opens in Greenville on Monday
- Where does SC rank in the U.S. in percentage of distributed COVID vaccines administered?
- How will school closures affect children in the long run? Wars, disease and natural disasters offer clues
- Gamecocks head coach Frank Martin tests positive for COVID-19 for second time
- Federal government executes convicted killer following prolonged legal fight