Feature Image: Along the 64 miles of the Upper James River and 10 miles of the Maury River, a 59-mile stretch of the James River was recently designated a Virginia Scenic River. After a day on the river, enjoy a refreshing craft brew at one of the breweries along the Shenandoah Beerwerks Trail. Photo by Sam Dean.
A WEEKEND IN…
Lexington & Rockbridge County, Virginia
As the southern gateway to the Shenandoah Valley, Rockbridge County, Va. is easily accessible to 100,000 acres of public forests, parks, and rivers where outdoor enthusiasts of all ages and skill levels can hike, bike, paddle, and camp. In the college towns of Lexington and Buena Vista, visitors can enjoy the Blue Ridge Parkway, Appalachian Trail, food and spirits scene, and historic sites.As the southern gateway to the Shenandoah Valley, Rockbridge County, VA is easily accessible to 100,000 acres of public forests, parks, and rivers where outdoor
Upstate News Headlines
- School district says student shot at Hendersonville Middle is, “doing very well” and, “in high spirits”
- Ga. Sen. Perdue boosts wealth with well-timed stock trades
- Clemson basketball ready to play somebody else, takes on Miss. St. tonight
- Joe Biden to deliver a Thanksgiving address seeking US unity
- Deputies searching for suspect they say stole over 300 pieces of mail and packages in Buncombe County
- Nashville-based Circa Creative Studios to open in Greenville
- Millions to travel for holiday, despite pandemic
- Pickens County Schools to revert to Phase 2 as Covid-19 Infections Rise
- Reacting to Dabo Swinney’s criticism of the Clemson-Florida State game being postponed
- Upstate Beat: Nitegazer, featuring former members of LOZ, takes flight with groove-centric debut album.