Nestled in the Upstate of South Carolina at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Spartanburg is full of outdoor adventures that are waiting for you. From the miles of trails perfect for bikers, hikers, and horseback riders to the quaint downtowns bursting with charm, discover something new when you head to this historic county in South Carolina.
Downtown Spartanburg. Photo by Sam Dean Day One
Get your day started with a sweet or savory breakfast from The Crepe Factory and then head out to Croft State Park, a prime destination for hikers, bikers, and horseback riders. At the park, explore over 20 miles of trails with gorgeous views of Lake Craig, featuring a boat dock, ramp, and rentals so you can stay cool during your visit.
Refuel with a hot chicken meal from Flock Shop or a spread of high quality goods from Stone Soup. Get back outside
Upstate News Headlines
- GBI: Former Elbert Co. deputy charged for firing shots that hit fellow deputy on self-harm call
- High Speed Chase Leads to Fatality on US-29 in Spartanburg Co.
- See if you can identify the ‘Too Tall Bandit’: FBI Needs Your Help
- AEW Reminds Us How Good Wrestling Storytelling Can Be with Tonight's Huge Title Match
- HUGE NBA Trade! | Russell Westbrook To Washington Wizards, John Wall To Houston Rockets!
- Bob Jones University to host drive-thru Christmas light display Dec. 4-Jan. 4
- Police: Traffic death closes part of Woodruff Rd. in Greenville
- Coroner: Pedestrian hit by car along Woodruff Rd. dies at Greenville hospital
- Provided: 2020 year-end tax strategies for business owners
- Art in Focus: Farmhouse Tacos Mural