Feature Image: Sierra Nevada Brewery is one of 16 craft producer on the Henderson County Cheers! Trail. Photo by Sam Dean.
A WEEKEND IN…
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Surrounded by Pisgah National Forest and minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway, Hendersonville beckons travelers looking to disconnect from daily worries and reconnect with each other and the natural world. Just south of busy Asheville, the vibrant mountain town of Hendersonville delivers its own blend of arts and culture, outdoor adventure, and creative craft beverage producers.
Start the day with a relaxing paddle along the French Broad River, one of the oldest in the world. Lazy Otter Outfitters rents all the gear necessary to tube, kayak, canoe, or stand-up paddleboard. This section of the French Broad remains largely untouched by development, so paddlers will enjoy wildlife and vegetation along the banks.
Stop by The Baker’s Box and grab a
Upstate News Headlines
- Seth Meyers Takes a Closer Look at Trump’s “Campaign Against Reality”
- US election 2020: Trump and Biden hold dueling rallies in Florida – live
- Trevor Lawrence’s Positive COVID-19 Test Throws Status for Notre Dame Showdown Into Doubt
- Analysis: Terror in France reignites a national debate on the right to offend
- Atlanta’s Charles Harris Ejected After Unsportsmanlike Hit on Teddy Bridgewater
- Federal appeals court rules mailed ballots must be received by Election Day in Minnesota
- Daily coronavirus cases reached a new high on Thursday with more than 87,100 cases
- Get ready for flood of Trump pardons
- Al Gore on what makes this election different from 2000
- Trevor Lawrence tests positive for COVID-19: What’s next for the Clemson QB?