HOUSTON (AP) Kyle Gibson threw a four-hitter and Joey Gallo hit a ground-rule RBI double with two outs in the ninth inning to lift the Texas Rangers over the Houston Astros 1-0 on Wednesday night.
It was the first career shutout for the 32-year-old Gibson and third complete game – his previous one came in August 2016 with Minnesota against Atlanta.
Gibson (2-5) walked three and struck out a season-high nine to earn his first win since Aug. 15. He was 0-3 with an 8.10 ERA and eight homers allowed in his past five starts.
Gibson struggled to articulate what this performance meant to him after such a difficult stretch.
”It’s hard to put into words,” he said. ”So much over the past few weeks has gone into that right there. Lots of discussions, lots of work in the bullpen, talking with a lot of different people. All the while trying to
Upstate News Headlines
- Chris Christie and Rahm Emanuel discuss the election homestretch | ABC News
- Six for the Win: Pennsylvania voters share their thoughts ahead of the election | ABC News
- Unbelievable Giant Animals Caught on Camera – Biggest Animals in The World
- Senate votes to advance Barrett toward final confirmation for Supreme Court
- Election could stoke US marijuana market, sway Congress
- President Trump aide says 'we're not going to control the pandemic'
- A family that raised $2 million for their baby's life-saving medical treatment has received it for free
- Pope Francis appoints America's first Black cardinal, Wilton Gregory
- Chick fil A Spicy Chicken Sandwich Recipe | Copycat Recipe
- Should We Trust Presidential Poll Numbers This Election Year? | Sunday TODAY