Knorr will rename a sauce that uses a derogatory term for Roma people
Knorr, the German food company best known in the U.S. for its dehydrated pasta mixes, announced that it is changing the name of one of its products, a popular sauce in Germany, due to its racist connotations.
Knorr will rename the sauce, currently called “Zigeunersauce” (translation: “gypsy sauce”), “Paprika Sauce Hungarian Style,” the Associated Press reports. “Since ‘gypsy sauce’ can be interpreted in a negative way, we
Upstate News Headlines
- Dodgers Win Game 6 to Claim First World Series Title Since 1988
- World Series 2020 Game 6: Tampa Bay Rays v Los Angeles Dodgers – live!
- Egg-napping male penguin couple steals the nest of a female penguin couple
- Pre-election voting surpasses half of all 2016 ballots cast with week left until Election Day
- Donald Trump's campaign investigating 'attack' on website
- New York Times: Tax records show Trump had over $270 million in debt forgiven after failing to repay lenders
- Trump uses outdated thinking in attempt to woo suburban women: I’m ‘getting your husbands back to work’
- ‘This is Us’ veers into current events, while introducing a new twist
- Kazakhstan embraces Borat catchphrase in new tourism campaign: ‘Very nice!’
- LeBron James, CNN Films to produce documentary on the 1921 Tulsa race massacre