The tight January political calendar means Georgia Republican Sen. David Perdue won’t be in office when Congress meets for a joint session on the Electoral College on January 6, regardless of the results of the <a href=”https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/22/politics/georgia-early-voting-numbers/index.html” target=”_blank”>Senate runoff</a> the day before.
Sydney Butler, chief of staff to the secretary
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- A’ja Wilson breaks down in tears talking about her grandmother
- South Carolina man charged in U.S. Capitol Riot
- COVID-19 vaccination site near Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia opens
- Biden to propose 8-year citizenship path for immigrants
- Pickens County man charged with having explosive device
- All-clear given after deputies investigate suspicious bag outside courthouse
- Large-scale location to get COVID-19 vaccine opens in Greenville
- The Latest: Biden won't end pandemic travel restrictions
- Census Bureau director to resign amid criticism over data
- Anderson University and city leaders honor the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.