One of the most highly anticipated grand openings in the area has happened! Gather GVL, located just around the corner from Fluor Field at 126 Augusta St., is a food, drink, and entertainment hub built from recycled shipping containers.
Each shipping container will be home to one of these food and drink venues:
- Mercado Mexican Cantina
- West End Coffee Bar
- Sweet Sippin’ Wine & Dessert Bar
- Prost! German Food & Beer
- Saki Saki Sushi, Hibachi, and Poke Bowls
- The Pasta Addict
- Cocobowlz Acai and Pitaya Bowls
- Rocky Moo Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Mike’s Cheesesteaks and Roast Pork Sandwiches
- GBX Craft Beer Taproom
- Al Taglio Roman Style Pizza
- KO Burgers & Fries
- HenDough Fried Chicken and Donuts
Gather GVL Event Calendar
Additionally, Gather GVL will offer a variety of seating options, an artificial turf lawn, a rooftop deck with skyline views, and a stage. They will host private events, pop up retail, and a variety of programs including fitness classes, live music, sports viewing, family movie nights, and seasonal markets to name a few.
The idea started when founders Doug and Mack Cross wanted to create a place where young families like theirs could thrive and enjoy memorable, safe, and affordable experiences. Centered around sustainability, the duo conceptualized the idea of using retired shipping containers and repurposing them to become kitchens and food venues. As Mack Cross, Managing Principal of Four Oaks Property Group, says the shipping containers “can be recycled, they look cool, and they make great building blocks (like giant Legos).”
On Tuesday’s Grand Opening Celebration, you’ll be able to enjoy offerings from six of the thirteen vendors including: Cocobowlz, Mike’s Cheesesteaks and Roast Pork Sandwiches, Mercado Mexican Cantina, Sweet Sippin’, and Greenville Beer Exchange. The remainder of venues will be opening soon after. Stay tuned to their Instagram page @gathergvl for more information on new venues as they open. We hope to see you there!
Gather GVL will be open from 7am-10pm Tuesday-Saturday, 8am-8pm Sunday. Gather GVL will be closed on Mondays.
If you are interested in leasing space at Gather GVL, contact Doug Cross at: Doug@fouroakspg.com, 864-395-0125.
How to Get to Gather GVL
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Upstate deputy involved in shooting at apartment complex, deputies say
- Upstate interstate blocked due to crash involving tractor trailer, troopers say
- I-26 westbound blocked at mile marker 46 in Laurens County due to tractor trailer crash
- Christ Church boys basketball wins first state title in program history
- Tigers Fall to Yellow Jackets in Nail-Biter
- President Biden becomes 1st executive in 4 decades to not have formal question-and-answer session yet
- Greenville County EMS first in South Carolina to use faster, more accurate 911 system
- 'Better to be prepared': Woman says CPR training kicked in when she found her baby not breathing
- Texas governor recommends masks days after deeming mask mandate unnecessary
- USC defeats Alabama in SEC tournament, 75-63