Furman men will open their home schedule on Friday at 7 p.m. when they entertain 2019 Missouri Valley Conference regular season champion Loyola Chicago in a rematch of last season’s thriller in Chicago, Ill., that saw Mounce lift the Paladins to a 60-58 win with a last season dunk. Single game tickets for Friday night’s home opener and Furman basketball season tickets, which include all home games at Timmons Arena and Furman’s “Weekends at the Well” series at Bon Secours Wellness Arena, are available online at FurmanPaladins.com and at the Timmons Arena Box Office.
Furman tips off the 2019-20 men’s basketball season Tuesday night at 7 p.m. when the Paladins travel to Paul Porter Arena in Boiling Springs, N.C., to face 2019 NCAA Tournament participant Gardner-Webb of the Big South Conference.
The season opener will be streamed live on ESPN+ with live statistics provided thru StatBroadcast. Links for the live stream and live stats can be found at FurmanPaladins.com. Fans can listen to Bryant Lambert and Tom Van Hoy call all of the action on Furman flagship station 1440AM. The broadcast can also be accessed at FurmanPaldins.com and on the TuneIn Radio app.
Women’s Basketball Hosts Converse Saturday in Exhibition Action.
The Furman women’s basketball team hits the court for the first time this season on Saturday afternoon when it hosts the Converse Valkyries in an exhibition game at 2 p.m. from Timmons Arena.
Admission to Saturday’s exhibition game is free of charge.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Registration for Pickens County's virtual academy is open for the 2021-22 school year
- Connecticut man accused of starting Molotov cocktail fires targeting ambulances
- Bob Jones University easing some COVID-19 protocols beginning Tuesday
- 5 is your lucky number of fruits and veggies to live longer, but not all of them count
- You can calculate exactly how many lives you'll save by wearing a mask
- Greer TidBits Gives an Update On What’s Coming Up in Greer, SC
- Deputies ask for help tracking down runaway juvenile from Flat Rock area
- Videocast: Dry and cooler tomorrow
- Sheriff Chuck Wright gives update on December homicide investigation
- New community vaccine clinic opens today