Named storms are popping up all over the Atlantic basin with Wilfred and Alpha forming and Beta possibly coming together in the Gulf of Mexico.
Tropical Depression 22 is likely to become a Tropical Storm Beta on Friday as it drifts northeast.
This upper trough over Texas is pulling it northeast, but should keep it from blowing up into much at this time. By the weekend it will slow down and start to head west thanks to a ridge building over the area. This could allow the storm strengthen as it slowly drifts west toward Texas.
Upstate News Headlines
- Buehler leads Dodgers over Rays 6-2 for 2-1 Series lead
- Charlie Morton Flips His Own Postseason Narrative in Game 3
- ‘Darkest days in history’: Expert reacts to Covid-19 milestone
- South Korean officials find ‘no direct link’ between flu vaccine and recent deaths
- Bodycam shows Texas deputy saving 20-day-old baby that stopped breathing
- Crew killed when US Navy training aircraft crashes in Alabama
- Funeral held for Greenville County deputy killed in the line of duty
- Ghost story: Elizabeth of Trinity Episcopal Church
- National Drug Take back Day is Saturday