In 2020, anything can happen, up to and including a quadruple doink of what could have been a game-winning field goal for a program that had to wait eight weeks longer than expected to play a game.
Forty names, games, teams and minutiae making news in college football (“Time and Score for Dummies” booklet sold separately in State College):
FIRST QUARTER: IN 2020, COUNT ON NOTHING
There has never been a year in which daily outlooks and presumptions have changed more abruptly than this one. That goes for life in general, of course—eight months ago “zoom” was a verb and shaking hands was commonplace—but also in college football. Plot twists abound.
Take, for instance, the Big Ten conference, which already has had a couple months of wild mood swings. The league finally got its season off the ground over the
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- A volunteer was attacked by a tiger at Carole Baskin’s Big Cat Rescue
- Among first acts, Biden to call for 100 days of mask-wearing
- Greenville Hospitals have staff shortage
- Ski resorts opening across US
- Townhomes to replace Norris Ridge apartments in Spartanburg
- Second stimulus checks: McConnell says ‘compromise is within reach’
- 50th annual Holiday Fair returns to Greenville Convention Center
- New diversified businesses flock to Anderson Co., bringing hundreds of jobs
- 4 killed in several Upstate crashes Wednesday