A Florida man will spend two decades behind bars for pulling a gun on his wife’s lover and cutting off the lover’s penis with a pair of scissors.
Alex Bonilla, 51, was ordered to spend 20 years in prison for the July 2019 attack at a home in Bell, news station WKMG reported Wednesday.
Bonilla allegedly barged into his neighbor’s home, where he proceeded to threaten the man with a handgun and metal pipe.
He then forced the man into the bedroom and tied him up before he “forcefully cut off the victim’s penis with a pair of scissors,” officials said.
The married father allegedly told the man, “This is normal, you will not die today,” the Smoking Gun reported.
Bonilla then took the severed appendage and ran across the street to his own home, WKMG reported.
The grisly attack came two months after Bonilla had discovered the man was having sex with his wife, authorities said.
Bonilla pleaded no contest last month to charges of kidnapping, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
In addition to the 20-year prison sentence, Bonilla has been ordered to pay more than $251,000, WKMG reported.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Ten Upstate South Carolina Weekend Events You Don’t Want to Miss
- Greenville Weekend Weather: Cooler with Scattered Showers Possible
- Fountain Inn Farmers Market Returns May 2nd
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- South Carolina Reports Over 1100 New and Probable Covid-19 Infections Thursday
- Dr. Brannon Traxler Named SC DHEC Public Health Director
- Tickets on Sale Now For Spring Albino Skunk Music Festival
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC