Fifth Third Bank presented a $12,000 check on Sept. 30 to Loaves and Fishes of Greenville, a nonprofit that delivers food to its partner agencies for distribution to those in need.
The donation was part of the financial institution’s grand opening celebration of its first banking center in South Carolina.
“We are honored to be able to support the amazing work of Loaves & Fishes of Greenville with this donation,” said Tommy Lloyd, SVP, regional retail executive of Fifth Third Bank. “We recognize that the need has never been greater and we must all come together during times like these to serve the most vulnerable in our communities.”
Fifth Third Bank’s new location is the first in the financial institution’s planned expansion in South Carolina. The bank plans to open 20 new banking centers in the Carolinas over the next 18 months.
The post Fifth Third Bank donates $12,000 to Loaves and Fishes of Greenville appeared first on UPSTATE BUSINESS JOURNAL.
Upstate News Headlines
- DHEC warns SC at ‘pivotal point’ as state sees highest single-day spike in new virus cases yet
- District: Chase ends with burglary suspect’s arrest on an Upstate school’s property, disrupting dismissal
- TL Hanna apologizes after some parents were upset that they were not able to buy first batch of state championship tickets
- Clemson announces plan to offer COVID-19 testing to community this month
- 72-year-old Lexington SC woman dead after being shot in the face
- Polk County Deputies: Traffic stop turns into drug bust after short struggle with suspect
- Greenville Co. Schools declines rapid COVID-19 tests being offered by state, asks anyone who has symptoms to stay home
- Greenwood police: One injured in shooting on Phoenix St.
- US House votes to decriminalize marijuana at federal level
- Buncombe deputies searching for missing man