Tis the Season…when adults become kids again and kids do their very best to stay on Santa’s “Good” List. With the Christmas lights in the trees (that stay up all year) and Main Street all decked out in red and green, silver and gold – who can resist the festive lure of Downtown Greenville. So, come all ye faithful and join the merrymaking!
Ask any Greenvillian which event heralds the start of the Holiday Season and most will say the Poinsettia Christmas Parade. For over 75 years, this family friendly event has been a cherished tradition here in Downtown Greenville. Starting at Augusta Street, a wonderful collection of bands, floats, dancers and marchers will parade down Main Street to North Street this Saturday, December 7th. Parade goers will want to show up well before the 6PM start time to get the best spot. Temps may drop to the 30’s once the sun sets, so dress warmly – blankets and hot chocolate are definitely recommended! Read the rest of this great article on this week’s Fete Magazine!
Upstate Holiday Calendar
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Jen Psaki discusses potential THREATS to U.S. Capitol on Thursday
- Palace: Prince Philip had a successful heart procedure
- 'Super rewarding': Lifelong friends help others find vaccine appointments in their spare time
- Warm and breezy Thursday
- The 10 Senate seats most likely to flip in 2022
- US-China tensions threaten global climate change efforts
- South Carolina moves a step closer to allowing open carry laws for firearms
- Texas power grid CEO is fired following widespread outages during winter storms
- House passes sweeping voting rights bill over GOP opposition
- Southside Christian boys basketball team wins 1A state championship