WASHINGTON (AP) — Whether most Americans will receive $2,000 COVID-19 relief checks is now in the hands of the Senate.
President Donald Trump has been pushing to more than triple the $600 payments approved by Congress, reluctantly signing into law the massive relief bill that authorized the smaller checks.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Woman Goes on Destructive Joyride in Stolen Postal Truck
- Deputies respond to shots fires at Buffalo teen center
- Hot Pockets recalled over potential glass and plastic contamination
- Upcoming Major Arctic Invasion Coming to the Southeast & Upstate SC
- Investigators search for shooters outside Union County birthday party
- 96-year-old veteran graduates high school
- Meth, fentanyl trafficking arrests made in Buncombe County
- TSA looking into adding Capitol rioters to US no-fly list
- Residents Report Great Difficulty getting vaccine in South Carolina
- Latest news on Preparations for Inauguration, new details on Capitol riots