In the middle of July, Impossible: The Cookbook, a compendium of recipes designed to showcase the plant-based meat engineered by Impossible Foods, was launched with grimly impeccable timing: Four months into the COVID-19 pandemic, meat shortages and revelations about the terrible conditions in meat processing facilities, where the virus had infected more than 25,000 workers nationwide, had cast an unforgiving light on the country’s industrial meat industry.
Impossible insists there is a better, highly versatile alternative to meat consumption, embodied
Upstate News Headlines
- Cute Puppy and Baby Monkey| Ban Sit Suggest Fruit From Lyly Bela
- Bobcat vs. Rattlesnake! Angeles National Forest.
- Over 25 million have already voted, but this is what pollsters expected: Nate Silver
- How Does Early Voting Affect The Forecast? And Other Listener Questions. l FiveThirtyEight
- The Sun Belt Could Decide Control Of The Senate l FiveThirtyEight Politics Podcast
- Seniors are breaking for Biden, COVID-19 might be why: Nate Silver
- Hurricane Epsilon Bermuda and 50 Foot Waves From Caribbean Disturbance
- Warming today with low humidity
- Deputies in Anderson County say 2 people were shot inside a car
- Minority and small business grants now up for grabs