Dyado starts @ 5PM
Young Mister @ 7PM
Young Mister is songwriter Steven Fiore, sometimes accompanied by a band of talented musicians from across the southeast United States. As a songwriter, Fiore has built a fanbase touring the country, and even occasionally performing as a guest vocalist inJeff Goldblum’s jazz band in Los Angeles.
After spending 6 years as a writer for Universal Music Publishing Group writing for/with the likes of Howie Day, Ryan Cabrera, Art Garfunkel and more, Fiore is stretching into new musical territory as Young Mister with a self-titled album released in the summer of 2016 and most recently, “Soft Rock” a stripped down EP released through BMG’s the Den.
Watching them perform, you might think Dyado: cousins Louisa Stancioff and Matt Lohan, were raised from zygotes in some Red House Records incubator, and forced to play music together at cruelly young ages, like some folk Jackson Five. Then, you look at them onstage and realize they’re having fun, sneaking dumb looks and setting each other off, like real cousins. Turns out neither knew the other existed until they were both around 20, and met at a family gathering one summer in Maine, where Louisa grew up and Matt worked on schooners.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Prisma opening high-volume vaccine center in Greenville next week
- LIVE: Crump, Sellers announce civil rights lawsuit against Anderson Co. Sheriff's Office
- State and local law enforcement work together to secure State House grounds ahead of inauguration day
- Elvis Presley's Graceland starting virtual tours
- A Colorful Retirement Community Transcends Easy Definition in Some Kind of Heaven
- Can Sex and the City Soar Sans Samantha and Address Its White Feminism?
- Post Malone is donating 10,000 of his sold out Crocs to frontline workers
- SC State House closing to visitors until after inauguration as agencies beef up security following FBI warning
- 17-year-old identified as victim in double fatal shooting in Greer, coroner says
- DHEC confirms some problems reported with acquiring death certificates through new system