You are invited to participate in a new outreach program we are offering at the UPSTATE Gallery on Main, Yoga in The Gallery.
Beginning Tuesday, October 2, at 5:30 p.m., gentle yoga and meditation will be offered at the UPSTATE Gallery on Main, 172 E. Main Street, Spartanburg.
We will continue to meet each 1st and 3rd Tuesday throughout the semester. Dates are: Oct 2, 16; Nov 6, 20; Dec 4, 18 at 5:30 p.m.
Led by, musicologist and certified yoga instructor, Megan Murph:
“Come end your evening exploring the body/mind connection for an hour of meditation and gentle yoga, surrounded by art! This inclusive practice is intended for everyBODY, regardless of age, shape, size, color, or background.”
· Wear comfortable clothing
· Bring a mat (plus anything else you may want to use like blankets/towels, blocks, straps, etc.)–There will be limited extra mats
· Please arrive five or ten minutes early to sign-in, set up your spot, and settle down
· Suggested donation to cover the instructors time is $ 5-10.
This event is open to the public so please share with friends and family.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Family of woman who disappeared after being released from Greenville jail still desperate for answers
- Democrats ask ethics panel to investigate Sens. Cruz, Hawley
- Boston's historic triple-double powers No. 4 South Carolina past No. 22 Georgia
- Japan determined to hold Tokyo Olympics, organizers say, following report suggesting otherwise
- 2 community leaders show their not afraid to take the COVID-19 vaccine
- Champ and Major Biden have not yet moved into the White House
- State trooper comforts child after she endures high-speed chase in car’s backseat
- Furman grad stands in for Kamala Harris during Inauguration Day rehearsal
- Gov. McMaster urges quick distribution as hundreds get first dose at Prisma Health’s Greenville facility
- Work continues to identify and preserve graves of slaves in Clemson