You are invited to participate in a new outreach program we are offering at the UPSTATE Gallery on Main, Yoga in The Gallery.
Beginning Tuesday, October 2, at 5:30 p.m., gentle yoga and meditation will be offered at the UPSTATE Gallery on Main, 172 E. Main Street, Spartanburg.
We will continue to meet each 1st and 3rd Tuesday throughout the semester. Dates are: Oct 2, 16; Nov 6, 20; Dec 4, 18 at 5:30 p.m.
Led by, musicologist and certified yoga instructor, Megan Murph:
“Come end your evening exploring the body/mind connection for an hour of meditation and gentle yoga, surrounded by art! This inclusive practice is intended for everyBODY, regardless of age, shape, size, color, or background.”
· Wear comfortable clothing
· Bring a mat (plus anything else you may want to use like blankets/towels, blocks, straps, etc.)–There will be limited extra mats
· Please arrive five or ten minutes early to sign-in, set up your spot, and settle down
· Suggested donation to cover the instructors time is $ 5-10.
This event is open to the public so please share with friends and family.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Guard in DC forced to sleep in garages, sparking outcry
- New coach Beamer completes his South Carolina football staff
- Police search neighborhood after call about suspect in a shed behind home in Greer
- Texas sues Biden administration over halt to deportations
- Tom Brokaw says he's retiring from NBC News after 55 years
- South Carolina part of expanded Walmart Covid-19 Vaccination Effort
- Trump impeachment to go to Senate Monday, triggering trial
- Prisma no longer accepting walk-ins at Greenville mass vaccination clinic starting on Saturday