Yeti or Not 25k has a 6 year history at Dupont State Park. Aaron Saft and his team, along with the rangers at Dupont State Forest, and of course all the amazing volunteers and runners have made this race a marquee event
I (Matthew Hammersmith) have been working with Aaron and the Dupont team to try to organize a 2021 event but unfortunately we are unable to make it happen this year.
In light of everything that is going on with the closures of several facilities at the State Forest and the increasing cases of Covid we have made the appropriate decision to push back this annual event until 2022.
Until that time we will be working hard hosting some of our other events but will continue to prep for the tradition that Mr. Running Pains had laid out before us in hopes that a successful Yeti or Not 25k can happen in February of 2020.
The race starts & finishes at Guion Farm. Rolling trails will take you along lakes, through creek crossings, and allow for scenic vistas of the surrounding mountains. A truly fun and gentle course that is not overly technical or filled with steep climbs. 14 of the 15.5 mile course will be on single track trails with the remaining 1.5 miles on forest service dirt roads. A very runnable course that is sure to leave you with lasting memories of the beauty of Western North Carolina trails!
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Clemson vs. Florida State Men’s Basketball Highlights
- 7,181 new COVID-19 cases reported in NC Saturday, 122 deaths
- NC 98 reopens in Durham County after major crash
- First case of COVID-19 variant reported in NC
- RAW VIDEO: Scene of crash that closed NC 98 in Durham County
- Republican Congressman Caught Trying To Carry Gun Onto House Floor
- Greenville’s Oak Hill Cafe Hosting 18 course Taste of Japan Dinner
- 33 missing kids found during operation in L.A. County: FBI
- Troopers: passenger killed in collision after pickup driver ignored traffic signal near Clinton
- Alleged Capitol rioter planned to leave country through Logan International Airport